TWLC CONTROL – TEMPERED WATER LOGIC CONTROL
The Dometic/Cruisair Tempered Water Logic Control (TWLC) is an advanced microprocessor chiller control designed for Dometic, Cruisair and Marine Air marine circulated water systems.
The Dometic Tempered Water Logic Control (TWLC) is an advanced microprocessor chiller control designed for Dometic, Cruisair and Marine Air marine circulated water systems. The TWLC system maximizes system performance, protects the chillers with advanced fault protection monitoring and shut-down routines, and has easy menu-driven operation supplying the user with important system information.
System redundancy and easy field repair were the priorities when the Dometic TWLC was developed. Each chiller in a TWLC system has a dedicated power/logic board, and the boards are networked together to form an integrated system (automatically controlling up to 6 chillers). This design means that a single board or network failure will not shut down the entire system. The P/L board has board-mounted LEDs to help with troubleshooting, replaceable EPROM for software upgrades, and plug-in terminal strips and RJ-12 jacks which allow for quick field installation.
Interaction with the system is through the TWLC keypad/display. A simple 4-button keypad is used to change operation mode and to navigate through the menus to view and change system parameters. A backlit LCD display supplies easy to read information about the system, including water temperatures, operation mode, which chillers are running, and other detailed information. Three small LEDs on the keypad clearly indicate Cool or Heat modes, and faults. An alarm buzzer on the keypad can also signal a fault. Additional TWLC keypads can be installed to allow remote system access
Set up and operation of the TWLC is fully automatic. It senses how many units are connected and programs the temperature staging and unit rotation of the units to pre-programmed parameters. The TWLC board has non-volatile memory so settings and recorded information are not lost even if power is interrupted. The large memory capacity allows the TWLC to record run time of the compressors and pumps, and store the fault history of each unit.
Features of the Dometic TWLC
- Up to 6 tempering units can be integrated into one network
- Keypad/Display has a 4-button control and a 4-line backlit LCD display
- Multiple keypad/displays can be used for remote access
- Multi-unit panels come with circuit breakers for compressor and pump control
- Chiller staging based on circulated water temperature
- Compressor rotation to equalize run time of each unit
- Compressor and pump time delay to prevent simultaneous starting
- Records and logs faults and run times
- Tempered Water Logic Control
- Advanced Options
- Connect to an on-board computer or modem
- Current transducers to monitor compressor and pump amperage
- Seawater temperature sensors
- Refrigerant pressure transducers
- Loop water and seawater pressure transducers
- Control an optional source of heat (electric immersion heater or fuel-fired boiler)
- Remote unit shutdown for loadshedding
- Fault signal output for remote alarm